Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Amazing story of Adolphus Tips

Author: Michael Morpurgo
This book is set in the year of 1943, Lily Tregenza lives on a farm in the peaceful, scenic village of Slapton, her life is scarcely touched by the war. Until one day, Lily, her family and the other villagers are told they have seven weeks to move out of their houses- lock, stock and barrel.

soon the whole area is out of bounds as the allied forces prepare to invade France. But Tips, Lily's adored cat, has other ideas.... and returns to the forbidden area. Frantic to find her, Lily makes friends with two young American soldiers, who promise to help. But will she ever see her cat again? Lily decides to cross the wire into the danger zine to look fro Tips herself....
This incredible tale of a deserted village, 
a lifelong friendship,
and one very adventurous cat is a ....
great book and I am positive that you will enjoy it from start to finish.
My Review
I loved every page of this book! It was very exciting and was a great story about Lily's life,sad,happy & lovely story of a girl with a love for her Cat.
Luckily cats have 9 lives,if they didn't Tips would have died by now!
I rate this book 9 out of 10 ( Sensational).
I can't wait for you to read this book!! trust me YOU'll Love it!

If you want to see the other book review I have done by the same author check this review out!! The book is called An Elephant in the Garden, I also did a mini review on that Post about Shadow(a dog in Afganistan)...

Thanks everyone,As I said last time I will be reviewing even more of Michael Morpurgo's books, They really are great books.
See you all soon, enjoy your reading as the holidays are nearly over.
Courtney, the Queen of reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Glad your commenting! Make sure you select an option for the Comment as ...button because if you don't it won't send the comment to me.Also before your comment gets on the blog it comes to me and then I can publish it.
Thanks Readers.